In a bit to increase my good cholesterol, prevent heart attack, prevent cancer, save the pandas and promote good against evil in cases of plots for world domination (OK, made that last bit up… ) I’m trying to eat more fish, and reduce some of my ‘bad’ carbohydrates.
So out with white rice, and in with brown.
Normally this would be a bad thing – brown rice is dull, right?? Well, thanks to Jamie Oliver, I have found that there are numerous ways to make rice tasty.
Adding lemon zest and butter is one way.
Also, adding lemon juice and dill or basil to the water during boiling is also nice.
Using my Thermomix, I do this using the following method:
- Put about 400g of rice in the Thermomix basket
- Add about 900g of water to the mixing bowl
- Put on Veroma Termperature, speed 3, for 20 minutes
- After 20 minutes, when the rice is moist, but not fully cooked, top up the water a little, then stir through some dill / basil / pepper / lemon zest to taste
- This is usually when I put my baked fish on (in a preheated oven for 20 minutes)
- Set the Thermomix on Veroma Termperature, speed 3, for 20 minutes
- Add butter, or a drizzle of olive oil and leave for 3-5 minutes
- Serve the main (fish, meat, whatever) and the rice! Yum! 🙂
Loving life, and loving being home for lunch!