Friends and family are tired of me gushing over my fabulous Thermomix… but it really is an awesome machine (even if it’s a touch pricey).
My latest favourite breakfast smoothie is a borrowed mix from a fruit stall vendor here in Singapore. I wanted the banana and strawberry smoothie, however they had no strawberries. The fellow behind the counter suggested that I try banana and kiwifruit. Yum!
Here’s how I re-created this at home:
- 2 bananas
- 2 kiwi fruit
- ice (to taste – I usually use about 10-15 cubes)
- Optional – you could add milk (half a cup)
- Cut skin off kiwi fruit and peel bananas (it’s obvious, I know… but I also know someone who didn’t skin the kiwi fruit the first time they made juice with it – eeek!)
- Break/cut into chunks and put in blender / Thermomix
- Add ice
- Blend (on Thermomix I used 30 seconds on Speed 8)
- You could possibly add a couple of shakes of cinnamon to spice this up a little
- ENJOY! 🙂